Check Your Hearing with this Quick Hearing Self Test
Do you suspect that your hearing is not as good as it used to be?
Take this quick hearing self test and check your ability to hear properly:
1. Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
2. Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
3. Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
4. When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
5. When you are together with other people, does background noise bother you?
6. Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
7. Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
8. Is carrying on a telephone conversation difficult?
9. Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where an object is (e.g. an alarm clock or a telephone) from the noise it makes?
10. Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?